Nursing Resources in AIM
1. Patient Education Classes:
- Diabetes Teaching and Management - Coordinated by Evelyn Thompson,RN
- Hypertension Classes -Elizabeth Dubi, RN. Please fill out regular consultation form
with clinic card imprint. Include referral date, referring MD, beeper
number, pt's primary language, pt's home phone, and current medications.
- Asthma Classes- Please send patient with a
regular consultation form to Delilah Hanyon, RN. topics covered include:
medication technique and compliance, asthma triggers, peak flow use.
2. Individual Patient Counseling:
- Discharge Review of Medication and instruction (please order this service
on progress note, put a red sticker on for the nurse to flag order)
- Teaching or review of inhaler, spacers, peak flows use (please order this
service on your progress note, you may also prescribe spacers and peak flow
meters on your progress note). CPE/DME codes are A4614 for peak flow meter,
and Z2638 for spacer..
- Teach the use of home glucometers and home BP machines (fill out
- Teaching of the use of bowel preps for endoscopic procedures (please fill
out a consultation form)
- Teaching the collection of stool samples or 24 hr. urine collection
- teaching self injections of medications (i.e. insulin, Enbrel, Lovenox,
3. All Immunizations, injections, medication administration in AIM.
See here for available meds and vaccines.
4. Procedures: Foley Catheter insertion, straight cath, tracheostomy/oropharyngeal
suctioning, dressing changes, ACE bandage application, ear wax removal with
syringe irrigation (not with new device)
5. PPD- application/reading/follow up of positive results
6. Triage of Walk in patients -a brief history, assessment, vitals
7. phone triage from patients with medical complaints. RN will help
facilitate non-urgent messages from patents to resident physicians (by beeper
and email). When residents are not available by either measures, the clinic PIC
will help with any medical decisions.
8. Lab Review
9. Blood draws/EKG- primarily performed by medical assistants